SCSI Toolbox, LLC - About
Having first invented the original hardware based SCSI toolbox in
1990, then converting it to a versatile software-based product that
has been sold for over 20 years, SCSI Toolbox LLC has been formed
to return to the original goal of the product - that of serving the
customer's changing needs in a proven and timely fashion.
Having an installed base that includes the world-wide field service
organizations of StorageTek, Hewlett-Packard, and MTI means the SCSItoolbox
is the proven SCSI, Fibre Channel, SAS, SATA, and iSCSI test solution
that can be counted on. And our years of product additions, modifications,
and improvements means that you can count on SCSI Toolbox to meet
your testing needs as the industry evolves.
Thousands of users in the tape, jukebox, optical, solid-state storage,
as well as the disk industry means that when your business depends
on a field-proven test solution, you can count on SCSI Toolbox.
From simple to use disk utilities like Dr. SCSI, the SCSItoolbox,
Disk Manufacturing and Screening Module, Tape Manufacturing and Screening Module, Bus Reset Tool, Bus Analyzer Module, ScriptWriterPro, Developer Toolbox (API's) to custom end-user utilities
OEM'd by major peripheral manufacturers, SCSI Toolbox can meet all
of your peripheral testing needs.
STB's diverse product
offerings range from entry-level to expert-level software. Our
products are designed to dramatically reduce the time engineers
and technicians spend prepping and programming disk, tape and optical
drives, by offering the quickest, most effective solutions for troubleshooting
Our products include support for Windows, Linux and our Develop API's include support for Microsoft Visual Basic, Microsoft Visual C, C++, C#, and .NET Development as well as support for Linux.
The company's flagship product, the SCSItoolbox32 now the SCSItoolbox Suite ,
is used at thousands of sites worldwide! In addition to the SCSItoolbox Suite, STB has also developed;
- SCSItoolbox Suite,
The industry's most advanced and widely used testing suite. In use world-wide since 1992, the SCSItoolbox encompasses every tool that you need to test, troubleshoot, configure, and diagnose any SCSI, Fibre Channel (FC), iSCSI, SATA, ATAPI, or SAS device.
- Developer Toolbox (API's), uses our proven interface to access SATA, SAS, SCSI, Fibre Channel, or ATAPI devices from Visual Basic or C++ running on all 32 and 64bit versions of Windows. Linux support using shared library.
- Tape Manufacturing Module (TMM) , is the easiest to use, most versatile, and fastest tape testing product on the market. A true multi-threaded, multiple host bus adapter, multi-drive screening and testing tool.
- Disk Manufacturing Module (DMM), is the easiest to use, most versatile, and fastest disk testing product on the market. A true multi-threaded, multiple host bus adapter, multi-drive screening and testing tool.
- Bus Analyzer Module (BAM), is a software bus analyzer that can capture, display, and analyze trace data from any peripheral bus, including SCSI, Fibre Channel, IDE, ATA, SATA, and SAS. BAM offers complete versatility as far as choice of phases that are captured and displayed, capture modes to minimize I/O impact, buffer size and capture size, and device(s) to capture trace data from.
- Protocol Control Control (PC2), brings a new level of parallel SCSI protocol control to your test environment. Designed in cooperation with LSI Logic to work with their Fusion-MPTT Message Passing Interface technology, PC2 allows all negotiated parameters to be displayed or set for all devices connected to any SCSI Host Bus Adapter based on the LSI53C1030 chip set. PC2 also provides the means to generate hardware SCSI bus resets.
- Bus Reset Tool (BRT), which gives you access to a variety of methods to issue bus resets to any peripheral bus accessible to the SCSItoolbox.
- ATA Task Register Commands, has the ability to issue any task register ATA command to any ATA/SATA storage device. This allows test scenarios that include ATA commands that are not implemented in ATAPI such as retrieving SMART data, ATA IDENTIFY data, SEEK, SET MAX ADDRESS, and more.
SCSI Toolbox, LLC also specializes in the development of custom
solutions and OEM software for the SCSI, SAS, SATA, Fibre Channel peripheral
market. STB's deep-rooted belief in adapting products for
an ever-changing market is reflected in their ongoing commitment
to research and development.
If you would like to stay informed of the latest industry news,
we invite you to be our guest and enjoy a free
subscription to our newsletter, "The Mode Pages". If you have
questions about how these solutions can fit your needs, please contact